What is the Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW)?
The building Industry association of Washington is the voice of the housing industry in the state of Washington. BIAW is Washington’s largest trade association and represents 3-in-1 benefits (NAHB, BIAW, and local association’s).
BIAW leaders and staff work full-time so you can work more on what you do best—building homes. We represent you and thousands of member companies like yours who want taxes and regulations limited. BIAW battles 365 days a year on your behalf to reduce the scope of government and expand free enterprise.
BIAW’s leaders and staff represent our members to promote pro-housing and pro-business interests. They also fight to defeat stifling rules, regulations, and legislation harmful to the home building industry. Their primary focus is to educate, influence, and affect the legislative, regulatory, judicial, and executive agencies of Washington’s government. BIAW also offers exceptional benefits and programs that can help you to run a safer and better company. These benefits offer valuable resources and tools you can use to save money and grow your business.
A BIAW membership provides:
- Marketing opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Daily, weekly and monthly communications on important industry issues
- Industry-specific continuing education and professional growth options
- Leading industry insights and advocacy for the home building industry
- Industry voice in the courts
- Benefits of Membership
- R.O.I.I. Select BIAW’s retro group, is a safety incentive program with a simple goal: eliminate injuries through improvements in work place safety and preventive strategies. However, if an employee is injured, we help them get better quicker with a successful return to work experience. Do this and your business can earn a refund.
- The BIAW Health Insurance Program serves members of the Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) by providing employers with access to comprehensive and competitive employee benefit options. BIAW offers over 35 medical plans and a selection of dental options from which employers can choose. By pooling together thousands of participating members, the BIAW Health Insurance Program is able to offer significant savings and custom benefits to Building Industry Association of Washington members.
- Government affairs
- BIAW Government Affairs exists to defend affordable housing for the citizens of Washington state. BIAW’s highly qualified staff and experienced team of lobbyists work on behalf of members to pass pro-housing and pro-business legislation, as well as defeat regulations harmful to the housing industry.
- Legal support
- BIAW’s Legal program provides invaluable legal information and updates to members. Our team stays up-to-date on relevant issues, reviews bills during legislative sessions, analyzes government agency actions, and provides additional legal assistance as needed.
- Government affairs
- BIAW’s award-winning Education program provides our members with opportunities to learn about relevant topics and gain new skills to improve your business and processes.
- BIAW awards recognize the excellence of those who have made significant contributions to housing in our state and the industry as a whole. The awards pay tribute to role models in the profession and honor contributions that create a positive perception of the industry. All award recipients are selected by fellow members and industry peers.
- Building Industry Insurance Program
- Member Rebate
- Workforce Development
For more information visit: https://www.biaw.com/